Abdulkareem Tomilola - WHERE ARE YOU NOW SERIES

What have you been up to since finishing from WAVE?
After graduating from wave I have worked as a field analyst for UNO CREDIT then later moved to ONE CREDIT were I served as firstly a debt recovery officer then a customer service representative for about a year. After that, I got a job as a civil servant at the FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY CORPS where I currently am.

What do you still remember of time at WAVE? Highlights? Lowlights?
For me, the highlights at wave would include the teamwork exercises and the dining etiquette class I really enjoyed. I really can't think of any low lights specifically, but I would say for me, it was when I lost some points for coming late which happened once.

What challenges have you faced and how do you overcome them?
The greatest challenge I have faced in all the places I've worked would be individual and ideological differences between my employers, and I am currently working on how to try to reach a midpoint so that both parties are happy.

What is your long term goal and what steps are you taking to achieve it?
I have a vision of becoming an ITC and project management consultant in the nearest future. Also, I am interested in Aviation and Safety Engineering.  I am currently taking professional classes in both areas, and hopefully, with the right funding, I'm planning to enroll for my masters in the field of Fire and Explosions Engineering.

Any example of the most important thing/skill that you learned at WAVE that helps you in your everyday activity?
That would be alternative dispute resolution. As an officer in the major transport safety organisation in the country, it is necessary to resolve disputes positively and productively which reduces unnecessary aggressive behaviors and enhances good public relations to increase safety awareness

Advise to job seekers and those coming into WAVE today?
I would advise job seekers and all new wavers to embrace capacity building and personal development make yourself enticing to employers irrespective of where ever you find yourself. One question you should ask yourself is how do I make a difference?


Apply via our website at waveacademies.org
Like  us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow us on Twitter
 


No comments

Back To Top