Dolapo Sunmola - WHERE ARE YOU NOW SERIES

I moved to California over a year and a half ago. I currently work for a nongovernmental child care service provider. I work for the facilities department (space and infrastructure) although still a temporary hire (from an agency), I ensure effective and efficient utilization of the office space, safety and security (fire safety/ hardware safety), frequent inspection of equipment and reporting amongst a few.
Prior to moving to LA, I worked with 2 of my friends in 2015. We set up an IT company called Media Gear Interactive where we provided IT services ranging from web development to website design and maintenance, Networking, enterprise resource solutions and other IT related services.
My time at WAVE was a memorable one. I remember the fun activities that encouraged teamwork; I remember the facilitators because they were really friendly and always willing to help all participants understand the teachings.
The highlight for me was learning about conflict resolution and most importantly FEEDBACK. I have upheld this important concept ever since I left WAVE and I realized it made me more self-aware and to strive to be better every day. The lowlights were the long hours of the program and the rigorous commute to and from home to the Academy venue in VI.
My advice to those coming to WAVE is to, first of all, believe in themselves. Self-believe makes one go beyond limits. Also, I encourage them to put in efforts and willingness to learn at WAVE academies. The reason is that all the teachings can be applied to everyday living and not just at the workplace.

I also advise prospective WAVERS to remain committed to the vision of WAVE and strive to develop a forward-thinking paradigm.

Apply via our website at waveacademies.org
Like  us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow us on Twitter


No comments

Back To Top