Meet Arinze. (Alumnus Impact Story)




Arinze Ilechukwu is a 20 years old Sales Representative, currently working with Hans and Rene. A young promising lad with potentials.


II. Before WAVE
How many jobs have you previously done before joining WAVE? What kind of job?
I have been on 2 jobs before WAVE. The jobs were Sales Representative and Office Assistant.

How much did you earn from these jobs? Was it enough to support you and your family? If not, how did you and your family get by?
I earned N10,000 on the first job, N15,000 as a sales representative. No, it was not enough. Sometimes, I had to trek to work for a full month so that I won't have to spend from my salaries.

What is your dream job?
I would like to become a Pilot.





Did you try to look for a job? If yes, what made the job search difficult?
Yes I did.  Before WAVE, I tried looking for good paying jobs, but it was very difficult because I never knew that there were some skills an employer always looked for.

In your opinion, what were the factors that made it hard for you to land a job?
In my opinion it was hard because I did not know how to present myself to an employer.

How did you feel about your life and your future before training at WAVE?
My mentality then was to face life the way I see it.

III. Discovering WAVE
How did you hear about WAVE?
I heard about WAVE from my Mum who is a friend to my Local Government Chairman

Why did you decide to train at WAVE?
At the info session. I was really convinced

Did you have any expectations before coming to WAVE? If yes what were they?
I expected to work in a very big organisation where I would earn a lot of money.

Did these expectations change when you join the program?
Yes, it changed because I learned that it Is what you can give to any organisation that determines your pay.

IIII. Training at WAVE

Which Academy did you train at?
Yaba Academy.

What was the distance from your home to WAVE training center (i.e. how much time and how many buses did you have to take, etc.)
It wasn't that far. I usually take 3 buses before I get to the academy and it takes a little less than an hour to get to the academy.

Describe your job shadow experience.
The job shadow was awesome.

Company and Location
Southern Sun Hotel. Ikoyi.

Job role?
Kitchen Assistant.

What did you learn?
I learned how to make dishes (i.e Intercontinental and Local)

What did you enjoy?
I enjoyed learning from the chefs everyday.

Which skills learned at WAVE do you think you get your dream job?
Critical Thinking
Problem Solving
Creativity
System Thinking
Time Management
Customer Service

Where do you currently work?
Hans and Rene

What is your role?
Sales Representative

What do you like about your job?
I like the work environment


What skills did WAVE teach you that you apply on the job?
Emotional Intelligence
Creativity
System Thinking
Time Management


Now that you work, do you contribute anything in your family? If yes, what (cash, shelter, etc)?
Yes, cash.

What do your parents or guardians think about you now that you work? I.e. how do they react?
They are very happy.

What do you want to do next, career-wise? What steps do you think you need to take to help you achieve that?
I want to do Pilot Education so I wish to enroll in any pilot school.

What is your advice to a job seeker?
Stay Positive and be open to learning.





Leadership is not just about giving energy ... it's unleashing other people's energy.” – Paul Polman

Apply via our website @ www.waveacademies.org
Kindly like and follow 
Quick Dial 0909007423

No comments

Back To Top