PROBLEM SOLVING HAS MADE A DIFFERENCE FOR ME- Samuel Akinyoade



Samuel Oludare Akinyoade, an SSCE holder found WAVE in 2014 and at that time was working as a music teacher. He heard about the training through his sister-in-law an alumna.
He shared his experience coming to WAVE; "When I first came I heard words of encouragement from the team and Misan, motivating and encouraging us that we can make something of our lives even without a degree and these words brought me back on track even though I was feeling down at that time."
Financial challenges deprived Samuel of the opportunity to complete his ND program, leaving him with the feeling of huge loss. The training opportunity for him was timely and the encouragement spurred him to do his best.

Samuel maintained that he enjoyed the training sessions despite the fact that they were intense, he was particularly thrilled at the opportunity to execute tasks within groups.




After the training, Samuel job shadowed at Westwood Hotel Ikoyi where he worked in different capacities; as a Kitchen Assistant and Front Desk Officer.
About 4 months after his job shadow, he got a job that has allowed him climbed the career ladder; moving from waiter to delivery supervisor and to logistics supervisor.
What he loves most about his job is the opportunity of a challenge and an opportunity to solve different problems skillfully. Something that the training equipped him for.

Samuel emphasized that the training has been profitable for him in other areas of his life; "The training has helped me in my personal life, it has taught me how to tolerate people more than before and because of this it has improved my relationship with my children, wife and in-laws."

Samuel's advice to job seekers is to keep hope. He is also convinced that as long as a person has something to offer, they can achieve anything in life. He asserts that WAVE can help renew lost hope.

1 comment:

  1. When is the next batch of training.
    I'm very curious about hospitality industry.
    I shall be looking forward.
    Thank you.

    Komolafe Mayowa
    0813 430 3418

    ReplyDelete

Back To Top