THE TRAINING HELPED ME LEARN TO ARTICULATE MYSELF TO PEOPLE- Alumnus Anthony Ojiaku

 

“I'm 30 years old with no educational qualification due to financial issues but presently I can say I'm a better version of myself with the help of WAVE.”


Anthony Ojiaku, an alumnus of our soft skills training program had that to say when we reached out to him to share his training experience.


He heard about WAVE through his brother-in-law while he was working as an apprentice for a hairstylist. 


“When I heard about WAVE I was expecting to get a job immediately, but I realized I had to go through two weeks of training. During the training, I was faced with the challenge of arriving early because of the distance of the training venue from my house and another challenge was that I realised I did not know how to express my thoughts precisely, but I learned how to do that better during the course of the training.

 

After the training, Anthony had his job shadow at a clothing company at Ikeja and during that period, he was able to see the usefulness of the two weeks of training at the company where he job shadowed”.


Anthony got a job in Ikoyi after his job shadow but lost it during the start of the pandemic in 2019 and has done several jobs since then.




“Currently I work as a waiter at Cashew Cafeteria in Ikoyi and in the future, I would love to serve on a ship”.


When asked what skill he found most useful from the training, he had this to say;


“WAVE taught me several skills that continue to help me on my job but the most useful skill has been effective communication; I am able to communicate my thoughts effectively now”.


You can register for the next batch of our training here

No comments

Back To Top