Alum case study - Adetunde Yusuf Batch: 019

Name: Adetunde Yusuf
Batch : 019
Employer: Virgin Rose
Position: Cleaner
Tunde used to work as a cashier with a betting company (sportsbet) but quit after a year, realizing that he was not earning enough. He heard about WAVE through town storming (an outreach activity) and immediately applied for the programme. Resuming early was the most challenging aspect of the programme for Tunde who struggled with waking up early but was encouraged by a friend. Tunde secured a job at Virgin Rose Resort during his job shadow (a one-week period of unpaid internship for trainees).
When asked about the most important skill he learned and most memorable moment at WAVE , Tunde had this to say; “Time management- at least now I wake up early and resume at work by 6 am and this has disciplined me because I am getting used to it. Well my most memorable moment during the programme was the “scavenger’s hunt” –it made me committed to working as a part of a team and what surprised me about the programme was WAVE inviting some high-ranked guests to lecture us. This got me inspired. More than the job, I came to WAVE to improve my skills because I know it will help me more.”
Tunde would like to further his education in two years’ time. He would like to own a beauty salon in the near future owing to an early experience and has a passion for making ladies look good




Leadership is not just about giving energy ... it's unleashing other people's energy.” – Paul Polman

Apply via our website @ www.waveacademies.org
Kindly like and follow 
Quick Dial 0909007423

No comments

Back To Top