Alum case study - Ayodele Elujoba




Ayodele Elujoba
Batch 20
Employer- The Consultants practice
Role- Customer care representative
How did you hear about WAVE?
I saw the advert on facebook and I applied directly but was sceptical at first thinking it could be recruitment scammers. I did a search on 'Misan Rewane' and was convinced after I saw her background and profile on LinkedIn so I decided to give it a try. I met with Samuel of Outreach team and he assisted me in applying.
Tell us a bit of your experience at WAVE.
My experience. It blew my mind. Having attended numerous self-development programmes, my thoughts were "I will while away time and in the end I am sure of a job at least" but it was massive. We learned how to think on our feet and the classes involved videos, print and one-on-one sessions with facilitators. I enjoyed every session because it helped me to ease off.
Most memorable experience at WAVE
The day of graduation when we met with On Air Personality of Inspiration Fm-Rufai Oseni, Commissioner for Youth Employment and Sports and most especially I won 3 awards for punctuality,likely to be a WAVE trainer and Mr WAVE. Here, efforts never go unrewarded. Even the most improved was rewarded. We were encouraged to be good ambassadors in the society.
What surprised you the most?
Every member of the class was very important. Here, the facilitators understand that everyone learns at a different pace and carry everyone along. Group and individual work like serving lunch,cleaning and housekeeping was really helpful for me. Also teaching us interviewing skills and how to write a CV. The trainers are dedicated and passionate;they are always on their feet from 8am - 6.30pm and give their best.
What do you plan to do after WAVE?
I got a job already in my second week of training as a customer care attendant.. My training and experience at WAVE especially the core values- Integrity,accountability,strive to learn,paradigm change and putting people first have become a part of me. All of these have moulded me and I know I will excel anywhere. I wish to be a Human Safety and Environment (HSE) manager in the maritime industry. The reason is because I have a background in HSE having worked previously as a trainee safety officer in that industry.
How do you apply what you have learned at WAVE on the job?
I work at the consultant and children's clinic in Ikoyi, Lagos as a customer care attendant. Learning how to multi-task has helped me excel at work in just a short time. On the first day, I hit the ground running;answering phones and responding to clients' requests while performing secretarial functions and managing clients expectations. It is important to know how to multi-task I am grateful to WAVE for this
Advice to next WAVERS ?
There are jobs out there.Get the most out of the training so you can position yourself for opportunities.Give it your best and you will be better for it the future.The jobs are there sourced by career service,you are assured.





Leadership is not just about giving energy ... it's unleashing other people's energy.” – Paul Polman

Apply via our website @ www.waveacademies.org
Kindly like and follow 
@Facebook
Instagram
@Twitter
Quick Dial 0909007423


No comments

Back To Top