I BECAME MORE CONFIDENT DURING JOB INTERVIEWS AFTER THE TRAINING-Alumnus Olamilekan Azeez

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1x8uvBgM4nb5S_RcbJp3f1OhTBm35Kk_O


Olamilekan Azeez was a guest during one of our customer insight sessions at our learning meeting. His enthusiasm and excitement whilst sharing his experience inspired us to speak with him

Here is what he had to say about his WAVE soft skills training experience;

"My training experience was like a two-edged sword; the exciting thing was that I discovered myself; I discovered my leadership skills and to date, it still helps me in all ramifications.  

The challenging aspect of the training was having to wake up earlier in the morning from Monday to Saturday, sometimes I had to walk a bit to reduce my transportation cost, but something that kept me going was one of WAVE's core values which is “strive to learn”; it encouraged me to complete my learning journey.

After the training, I did my job shadow at Seven Eagles Spur restaurant at Alausa Ikeja and one thing I learned during my job shadow experience was confidence; I learned that interviews are all about being able to defend what you put down on your resume without being timid.

It took about 4 months to get a job after my job shadow; I went for countless interviews but I couldn’t take some jobs due to their location and the remuneration.


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ET9I7yn4JNdxPqCL88cPhGXYmMgzO9fH


I currently work with a Pharmaceutical Company called Interpharma Industries Limited as a Marketing and Sales Representative on the field. I enjoy my job and the incentives that come with my role.
 
The skills I learned during the training that I have really found useful are problem-solving skills, which is the most outstanding one of all, teamwork, and effective communication skills.

My parents and siblings are proud of me and I’m grateful for them too because of the support they gave me all through school and during my WAVE training.

My dream job is to be a researcher and lecturer. I believe that problem-solving in addition to good critical thinking skills would be essential and I can solve problems in the world while earning reasonably.

My advice to job seekers is that having a thriving career requires more than just a bachelor's degree so they should go out there, get skilled, and thrive.

No comments

Back To Top