How WAVE Alumnus Gabriel Ejoni Grew From Being A Waiter To An International Model


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1t47BIduIvqvbmbiE9taq6X_chM1NBtaU



Q- Please introduce yourself

A- Gabriel Ejoni “The kid from Ofagbe” I am a professional High Fashion Model. I joined Batch 5 of the WAVE training in 2014.



Q- What job opportunities did you secure after the WAVE program?

A- My first official job right after the WAVE program was as a Waiter at NOK by Alara. 



https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ZqeHf3wR-Xwd0zOpTSHxqn9fpNDNQEM4

Q- In what ways has the WAVE training helped you on the job or in your career?

A- Smile 😊. In every way you can possibly think of and in everything I do as a person I apply the skills that WAVE taught me.


Q- How did the training prepare you for the challenges you faced on the job and how did you overcome it?

A- Using my communication and negotiation skills has helped me in working with people. I think it is important to be able to connect with people and have a friendly conversation which could be more effective in managing people.


Q- Looking back on your experience, what was the most valuable skill or knowledge that you acquired and why?

A- My problem-solving skills help me every day of my life. When I am working with different designers during fashion weeks, I always ensure to give my best even though it can be challenging working with different personalities.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1PpIv-_ZbXO7QFCnJLeBTuTpZa0mjI6ig


Q- Can you describe a time when you had to apply the skills you learned during your training to solve a work-related problem?

A- WAVE gave me everything I needed to overcome whatever could be the Challenge before time 


Q- Looking back, is there anything you would have done differently to further your career?

A- Looking back I honestly should have believed more in myself because nobody does it better than Ejoni.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1RRNCyxe5JXJyAuGJAPviEY7oq4TxHk3t

Q- What advice would you give to a job seeker?

A- My advice is simple. Start from where you are. No position is small, start with a step of faith and give it your all because everyone is watching. 


Q- What is one word or experience that comes to mind when you hear WAVE?

A- Life changing


Read Eunice Eka's story, 7 years after joining the WAVE training.

No comments

Back To Top